Medically reviewed on November 29, 2022.
- Basal cell and squamous cell: Eligible after removal
- Malignant melanoma: No donating during diagnosis or treatment. Defer for one year following end of treatment.
- Including breast, colon, lung, liver, pancreas, prostate, thyroid
- No donating during diagnosis or treatment. Defer for one year following the end of treatment.
Cancer In Situ – Any
- Removed: Eligible day after removal.
Blood, Lymphoid, or Bone Marrow Cancers
Patients with a history of leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma or other blood, lymphoid or bone marrow cancers are not eligible to donate blood.