During the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic, Gateway Church and their generous parishioners and supporters hosted much needed replacement blood drives. Thanks to the dedication of Gateway Church 462 donors helped make up for the abrupt loss of 70% of scheduled blood drives.
Carter BloodCare and Gateway Church traditionally come together to host a summer series of blood drives at a number of their churches. Unfortunately, based on the sporadic nature of viral “hot spots” those drives were having to be postponed or canceled with short notice.
To continue to support the patients who rely on donated blood we made the decision to invite Gateway donors and supporters to give blood at one of 24 community donor centers. When you come give, let the friendly Carter BloodCare staff know you are giving with Gateway Church and refer to Sponsor Number 108171 (SPON108171).
“The willingness of all the blood donors to help people is part of what makes our community so strong. I am so grateful for everyone who is able and willing to give blood.” – Pastor Robert Morris, Founding Lead Senior Pastor of Gateway Church
Please make your appointment at one of our community donor centers or call/text us at 800-366-2834.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks .
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.