When the need for blood hits close to home.
Every day, lives in Texas are saved by the donations made by generous blood donors. Every day, our community relies on a readily available blood supply. And every day, 1000 blood donors are required to meet the needs of our area hospitals.
Summer is traditionally a tough time for the blood supply. Combined with the ongoing impact of the pandemic, serving our fellow Texans has become that much more difficult. There’s an easy way for you to help, though: donate blood.
You can donate at one of our 25 Carter BloodCare donor centers. Find a location and schedule your appointment online or call/text 800-366-2834. Please use sponsor #: SPON107268 at registration to show you are part of the Gateway Summer Blood Drive!
Tips for ensuring a successful donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please reschedule your appointment to donate blood
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated; and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Effective May 18, 2021, Carter BloodCare staff and blood donors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear masks.
- Carter BloodCare will not ask donors for proof of vaccination. We are operating under the honor system for the sake of your health and the health of those around you.
- We will observe social distancing or mask guidelines established by our blood drive hosts.