Carter BloodCare Welcomes Frost Friends & Family
Together, the community and Carter BloodCare make it possible to save lives. Blood cannot be manufactured in a lab. It only comes from altruistic individuals who care about helping others. Hospitals have 600 to 800 patients a day that require transfusions, and 1,000 donors a day are needed to fulfill the hospitals’ orders for their patients.
Fewer blood drives and lower donor turnout is fueling the need for blood donors of all blood types.
Please join us during the Frost Bank Friends & Family week by scheduling an appointment at a donor center near you to #GiveForLife. Don’t forget to mention the Frost Bank sponsor code: SPON108700.
Make your appointment online for one of our 25 donor centers or call/text 800-366-2834.
Throughout 2021, the third week of each month will be designated as “Frost Week” at our 25 donor centers.
- Sunday, June 13 – Saturday, June 19
- Sunday, July 18 – Saturday, July 24
- Sunday, August 15 – Saturday, August 21
- Sunday, September 19 – Saturday, September 25
- Sunday, October 17 – Saturday, October 23
- Sunday, November 14 – Saturday, November 20
- Sunday, December 5 – Saturday December 11
Tips for ensuring a successful donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please reschedule your appointment to donate blood
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated; and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Effective May 18, 2021, Carter BloodCare staff and blood donors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear masks.
- Carter BloodCare will not ask donors for proof of vaccination. We are operating under the honor system for the sake of your health and the health of those around you.
- We will observe social distancing or mask guidelines established by our blood drive hosts.