Carter BloodCare Welcomes Frost Friends & Family
Together, the community and Carter BloodCare make it possible to save lives. Blood cannot be manufactured in a lab. It only comes from altruistic individuals who care about helping others. Hospitals have 600 to 800 patients a day that require transfusions, and at least 1,000 donors a day are needed to fulfill the hospitals’ orders for their patients.
Fewer blood drives and lower donor turnout is fueling the need for blood donors of all blood types.
Please join us during the Frost Bank Friends & Family week by scheduling an appointment at a donor center near you to #GiveForLife. Don’t forget to mention the Frost Bank sponsor code: SPON108700.
Make your appointment online for one of our 25 donor centers or call/text 800-366-2834.
Throughout 2021, the third week of each month will be designated as “Frost Week” at our 25 donor centers.
- Sunday, September 19 – Saturday, September 25
- Sunday, October 17 – Saturday, October 23
- Sunday, November 14 – Saturday, November 20
- Sunday, December 5 – Saturday December 11
Tips for ensuring a successful donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please reschedule your appointment to donate blood
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated; and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Effective Aug. 11 , 2021, Carter BloodCare staff and unvaccinated donors are required to wear facial coverings at blood drives or donation centers, except when temperature is taken during screening, or when eating and drinking after the donation. Vaccinated donors are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks.