If you have a patient that can benefit from therapeutic phlebotomy consider sending them to Carter BloodCare. To begin the process, follow the steps in this video.
If you have a patient that can benefit from therapeutical phlebotomy, consider sending them to Carter BloodCare. Carter BloodCare offers therapeutic phlebotomy services for patients who have medical conditions or blood disorders such as:
- polycythemia vera
- erythrocytosis/polycythemia due t0 testosterone therapy
- hereditary hemachromatosis
To begin the process, we will need a valid prescription written on the Carter BloodCare therapeutic donor request form that can be provided to your office upon request. To request form, Special Donations Department at 817-412-5308.
Some things to keep in mind and to make your patient aware of:
- The prescription is valid for one year.
- These procedures must be scheduled through the Special Donations Department. We are not able to offer walk-in appointments for these procedures.
- In some instances, the blood drawn during these procedures can be used for transfusion purposes.
- There are select donor centers located throughout the North, Central, and East Texas that offer therapeutic phlebotomy.
- Please allow up to two business days for processing prior to the preferred appointment date.
In most cases, the patients with the diagnoses above will be able to have a therapeutic phlebotomy drawn for no charge if enrolled in one of our programs. However, if their medical condition or blood disorder is not currently associated with a program that would waive the fee, individuals will have a fee assessed prior to their appointment.
To learn more about what medical conditions or blood disorders meet the no-fee criteria and to learn how to enroll in these programs, please watch the video on Carter BloodCare’s therapeutic phlebotomy enrollment.