If you have a patient that can benefit from therapeutic phlebotomy consider sending them to Carter BloodCare. To begin the process, follow the steps in this video.
If you have a patient that can benefit from therapeutical phlebotomy, consider sending them to Carter BloodCare. Carter BloodCare offers therapeutic phlebotomy services for patients who have medical conditions or blood disorders such as:
- polycythemia vera
- erythrocytosis/polycythemia due t0 testosterone therapy
- hereditary hemachromatosis
To begin the process, we will need a valid prescription written on the Carter BloodCare therapeutic donor request form that can be provided to your office upon request. To request form, Special Donations Department at 817 412 5603.
Some things to keep in mind and to make your patient aware of:
- The prescription is valid for one year.
- These procedures must be scheduled through the Special Donations Department. We are not able to offer walk-in appointments for these procedures.
- In some instances, the blood drawn during these procedures can be used for transfusion purposes.
- There are select donor centers located throughout the North, Central, and East Texas that offer therapeutic phlebotomy.
- Please allow up to two business days for processing prior to the preferred appointment date.
In most cases, the patients with the diagnoses above will be able to have a therapeutic phlebotomy drawn for no charge if enrolled in one of our programs. However, if their medical condition or blood disorder is not currently associated with a program that would waive the fee, individuals will have a fee assessed prior to their appointment.
To learn more about what medical conditions or blood disorders meet the no-fee criteria and to learn how to enroll in these programs, please watch the video on Carter BloodCare’s therapeutic phlebotomy enrollment.