At Carter BloodCare we have many reasons for why everyone should donate blood. But, we decided to reach out to our donors and ask why they think it is important to give blood. We asked our donors on Facebook, “In 20 words or less, tell us why it is important to donate blood.” Check out the top 14 reasons below.
- It saves lives, what else do you need to know?
- It is not more painful then losing a loved one that you may save by donating!
- It is your civic duty.
- Because I know too many people who can’t give blood.
- Because some day, I may need someone to do the same for me.
- Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you!
- Because if you need blood one day, you would not hesitate to take it, so why would you hesitate to give it?
- Blood donation is important because maintaining an adequate blood supply in our community secures blood transfusions for patients.
- Because I can.
- Nutter Butters.
- The question is, why not give blood?
- It gives donors a medical check at no cost.
- Free cookies, juice and the satisfaction of helping others.
- I can’t discover a cure for cancer, but I can help keep someone alive while they are waiting for a cure.
So what are you waiting for? With more than 26 donor centers in North, Central and East Texas – and blood drives happening every day, it’s easier than ever to be a part of something great and donate blood. Schedule an appointment on our website, or give us a call at 1-800-366-2834.
Tell us why YOU give blood below.