The Dallas Wings invites the community to donate blood as we head into the summer months.
The blood supply experiences a seasonal lull in much-needed donations, as donors take time off from work or school. The summer months normally mean well-deserved vacations and time-off for many. Unfortunately, the need for blood never takes a vacation. Community partners like the Dallas Wings help advocate for the importance of making and keeping blood donation appointments through the summer months. This keeps patients that require transfusions safe and our community prepared.
This July, Dallas Wings fans can give using sponsor code: SPON106979 at any Carter BloodCare donor center. Make your appointment online at one of Carter BloodCare’s many locations. Or call/text 800-366-2834, during regular business hours.
Be part of the team that is saving lives in Texas!
Tips for ensuring a successful donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please reschedule your appointment to donate blood
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated; and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Effective May 18, 2021, Carter BloodCare staff and blood donors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear masks.
- Carter BloodCare will not ask donors for proof of vaccination. We are operating under the honor system for the sake of your health and the health of those around you.
- We will observe social distancing or mask guidelines established by our blood drive hosts.