Community partners brave the moment to keep our blood supply ready for the unexpected.
Summer is normally a challenging time for the blood supply. These challenges have multiplied during this unique time of social distancing, canceled company and school blood drives, and other rapidly changing conditions. Our collective efforts to keep a readily available and prepared community blood supply will be required even more.
You can make an appointment to #GiveForLife at any one of these community drives hosted by our incredible partners with the links below:
- Aug. 10 Chick-fil-A hosts with FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium, Frisco, 10:30 am – 4 pm (Parking in Camry Gold Lot)
- Aug. 10 Chick-fil-A in Killeen, 10 am – 4 pm
- Dallas Mavericks at the American Airlines Center, Dallas 9 am – 5 pm (Parking in Platinum garage and enter on the 1876 doors; Special sponsors: Austin Eastciders & Beyond Meat)
- Aug. 17 Chick-fil-A hosts at Dickies arena, Fort Worth 10 am – 4 pm
- Aug. 22 Celebration of Life with Kidd’s Kids, Toyota Music Factory, Las Colinas 8 am – 2 pm
If these times/locations do not work for you, make your appointment to give at one of our community donor centers or call/text 800-366-2834.
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test for COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about Covid-19 antibody testing.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks .
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.