UPDATE: Community partners braved the moment to keep our blood supply ready for the unexpected.
Summer is normally a challenging time for the blood supply. This summer, those challenges multiplied because of social distancing, canceled company and school blood drives, and other rapidly changing conditions. The outpouring of support and collective efforts of all of the generous community partners and our donors helped the community blood supply stay intact.
Our community partners’ willingness to open their venues and lend their support and voices to the ongoing need for consistent blood donation is so very appreciated. Many thanks to: Gateway Church, Dallas Summer Musicals, The Galleria, The Texas Rangers, The Dallas Mavericks, Globe Life Field, The American Airlines Center, Chick -fil-A, Six Flags, Kidd’s Kids, Whole Food -Dallas on the Parkway and the City of Addison.
McDonald’s and Dr Pepper just made our transition into the fall season a little more fun! Check out how they are going to help us #GiveForLife!
Make your appointment to give at one of our community donor centers or call/text 800-366-2834.
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test for COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about Covid-19 antibody testing.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks .
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.