“You’re not a wave, you’re part of the ocean.”
– Author, Mitch Albom
Being a blood donor means you are part of a network of first responders, medical professionals, community partners, neighbors, friends, families and many others. Each does their part in providing a readily available blood supply. Each blood donor is the ripple that builds into a tidal wave of support for patients in our community. We are so happy that you have chosen to be part of this compassionate and involved group of people!
Donate blood May 24 through June 30 and you will be automatically entered into the “Save Lives and Make Waves” giveaway! Grand prize is a personal watercraft with trailer and TWO winners will be selected. (See rules for more details.)
Please make your appointment online to give this month at one of our community drives or donor centers near you. Or call/text 800-366-2834. Para información en español llama: 844-372-5827.
There are a number of other ways you can help maintain a readily available blood supply for the patients in our community:
- Donate blood when you are eligible.
- Donate blood more than 1x in a single year. If you donate whole blood you can give 6 times in one year, if you donate platelets you can donate up to 24 times per year.
- Maximize your donation. Did you know there is a way to affect twice as many patients’ lives based upon how you donate? Learn more about this fascinating technology known as apheresis and if you qualify to donate this way.
- Share why you give blood and invite new donors like your friends, family, co-workers, workout buddies, book club members, anyone who may be eligible and wants to make a life-saving difference for patients across Texas.
- Host a blood drive at your workplace or church by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or create your own mini-blood drive at one of our 25 donor centers.
- Support our community partners, Chick-fil-A and Lone Star 92.5 as they help promote blood donation this month.