Dallas Summer Musicals Blood Drives May 26 – 28 from 10 am – 4pm at Music Hall in Fair Park
In the early days of the pandemic in 2020, Dallas Summer Musicals graciously offered us their venue for a community blood drive big enough to observe social-distancing while hosting blood donors who wanted to help keep our community prepared. This year, Dallas Summer Musicals continues to help keep the blood supply prepared by hosting community blood drives leading into the Memorial Day weekend.
Like clockwork, blood donations go down the week leading up to most holidays and holiday weekends. Businesses close early (where we host a number of blood drives), schools are off (where we normally see about 22% of our blood donors), and people are busy enjoying their time away from their regular schedules. Unfortunately, this results in fewer places available to host blood drives and less people coming to our donor centers.
We are incredibly grateful to partners like the Dallas Summer Musicals that help to create a unique blood donation atmosphere in a venue we do not normally have an opportunity to be in. Plus, they will be giving away a pair of season tickets featuring Hamilton (see official rules).
Use the links below to make your appointment online to give at Music Hall at Fair Park, 909 1st Ave, Dallas, TX 75210:
Wed., May 26
Thu., May 27
Fri., May 28
We hope to see you at this show-stopping blood drive! Para información en español llama: 844-372-5827.
Tips for ensuring a successful donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please reschedule your appointment to donate blood
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated; and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Effective May 18, 2021, Carter BloodCare staff and blood donors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear masks.
- Carter BloodCare will not ask donors for proof of vaccination. We are operating under the honor system for the sake of your health and the health of those around you.
- We will observe social distancing or mask guidelines established by our blood drive hosts.