Dallas Summer Musicals Blood Drives May 26 – 28 from 10 am – 4pm at Music Hall in Fair Park
In the early days of the pandemic in 2020, Dallas Summer Musicals graciously offered us their venue for a community blood drive big enough to observe social-distancing while hosting blood donors who wanted to help keep our community prepared. This year, Dallas Summer Musicals continues to help keep the blood supply prepared by hosting community blood drives leading into the Memorial Day weekend.
Like clockwork, blood donations go down the week leading up to most holidays and holiday weekends. Businesses close early (where we host a number of blood drives), schools are off (where we normally see about 22% of our blood donors), and people are busy enjoying their time away from their regular schedules. Unfortunately, this results in fewer places available to host blood drives and less people coming to our donor centers.
We are incredibly grateful to partners like the Dallas Summer Musicals that help to create a unique blood donation atmosphere in a venue we do not normally have an opportunity to be in. Plus, they will be giving away a pair of season tickets featuring Hamilton (see official rules).
Use the links below to make your appointment online to give at Music Hall at Fair Park, 909 1st Ave, Dallas, TX 75210:
We hope to see you at this show-stopping blood drive!
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test for COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about COVID-19 antibody testing.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC, we also observe social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will wear masks.
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with with QuickScreen. This also helps manage wait-times.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.