This June, Chick-fil-A is thanking donors for saving Texans!
Summertime is traditionally a rough time for the blood supply. This summer’s blood supply is facing even more challenges as the long-lasting effects of COVID-19 continue to negatively impact our donors, our community blood drive hosts, and the patients the blood supply supports. There are simply not enough donors to meet the growing need of patients. If you are a long-time donor and supporter, invite your friends and family to give this month we need new donors to help stabilize the supply.
This June, donors receive a thank-you voucher for a Chick-fil-A sandwich. For those donors who participate in the Great Partners Rewards program, simply use 50 of your donor points to enter a drawing for a year’s worth of Chick-fil-A in the online donor store. (Restrictions apply; please see rules for details.)
Visit one of the community blood drives at participating Chick-fil-A locations and bring your friends and family for lunch and life-saving. Make your appointment with the links below (times vary by location):
If you can’t make it to one of the above drives, you can schedule an appointment online at one of our other community drives, at any of our 25 donor centers, or by calling/texting 800-366-2834. Para información en español llama: 844-372-5827.
BONUS: all June donors will also be automatically entered into the “Saving Lives and Making Waves” Giveaway. You could win a personal watercraft!
Tips for ensuring a successful donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please reschedule your appointment to donate blood
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated; and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Effective May 18, 2021, Carter BloodCare staff and blood donors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear masks.
- Carter BloodCare will not ask donors for proof of vaccination. We are operating under the honor system for the sake of your health and the health of those around you.
- We will observe social distancing or mask guidelines established by our blood drive hosts.