The history of Carter BloodCare goes back to 1951 when J.K. and Susie L. Wadley chartered the Wadley Research Institute and Blood Bank. They changed the name of the nonprofit organization in 1993 to BloodCare of Dallas. Fort Worth was being served by Carter Blood Center, founded in 1957 with grant support from the Amon G. Carter Foundation.
We are recognized throughout the medical and research communities for providing a high quality of products and services to our hospital partners, community supporters and blood donors.
At Carter BloodCare, our primary purpose is to provide life-saving resources to local hospitals in our regional communities. We are proud to be one of the AABB-accredited blood centers in the state, our laboratory is certified by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), and we are licensed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Additionally, we are affiliated with America’s Blood Centers – a group of community blood centers providing half of the blood that is transfused in the United States.
Carter BloodCare is known for our commitment to quality, our strength in industry expertise, and our passion for saving lives. We are also proud to serve in leadership positions that enhance the industry’s significance in the greater health care community. We work to educate our donors and blood-drive coordinators about how their relationships with us serve a larger purpose to directly improves the lives of people throughout Texas.