What a donor!
The start of the new year has us all looking forward to and preparing for the days ahead. A great way to help the community stay prepared is by giving blood. Dedicated donors keep the blood supply ready and available for patients facing cancer, trauma, and surgeries. What a wonderful way to make a difference in another person’s life!
Our community partners, Whataburger and the Dallas Mavericks, are celebrating blood donors this January with a thank-you voucher for a free Whataburger plus Mavs-branded swag (while supplies last).
Your donation means the world to the patients and their loved ones. Make your appointment online or call/text 800-366-2834.
January is National Blood Donor Month; learn more about the impact that these important donors make in our community and across the nation.
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test for COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about COVID-19 antibody testing.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks.
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives or donor centers, as they are not allowed into the donation area.