If you have Heredity Hemochromatosis or Erythrocytosis/Polycythemia due to testosterone therapy, your physician may recommend blood donation as part of your treatment. Carter BloodCare has received variances from our regulatory agency, the Food and Drug Administration to provide therapeutic phlebotomy programs for these two medical conditions. Watch this video to understand the simple enrollment process.
Please find details about the Donor enrollment process for our two therapeutic phlebotomy programs.
If you have hereditary hemachromatosis or are on testosterone therapy, your physician may recommend blood donation as part of your treatment.
Carter BloodCare has received variances from our regulatory agency, the Food and Drug Administration, to provide programs for these two medical conditions. Both programs require a simple enrollment process, through our Donor Notification department.
- A Carter BloodCare therapeutic phlebotomy donor request form needs to be completed by your Texas licensed healthcare provider and submitted to us. This form serves as your prescription that determines how often you are to be drawn.
- Our Donor Notification Department determines your program eligibility.
> If you were previously a blood donor with us, we’re able to reference your donor history to determine eligibility.
> If you have never donated with us, we will contact you to set up your file and review eligibility criteria.
- You will be notified by letter which program you are rolled into and will be provided the phone number you’ll use to schedule an appointment for your therapeutic phlebotomy draw. (You cannot schedule an appointment until you have been in rolled into the program.)
Some other items to keep in mind:
- Enrollment into a program and a pre-scheduled appointment are required. Therefore no donors and walk-ins will be excepted.
- Enrollment in a program allows us to draw you free of charge.
- Those diagnosed with hereditary hemachromatosis have additional forms that you and your physician will need to complete.
- If you have any cardiac issues, please make us aware as it may be additional paperwork required before you can be drawn.
- If your physician provided you directly with the form mentioned previously, please contact our Donor Notification Department before you attempt to donate.
- Normally this entire process takes a few business days.
Please contact our Donor Notification Department at 817-412-5603 if you have any questions or to begin the program enrollment process.
If your physician has not yet submitted a prescription for you, please request they do so.
Information about Carter BloodCare Therapeutic Phlebotomy program for Physicians: carterbloodcare.org/therapeutic-phlebotomy-services