Join the summer spectacular that includes three regions, 23 donors centers, and multiple blood drive locations, to hit the the ultimate goal of 2,000 blood donors in one lifesaving day!
There is not a consistent, nor sufficient, number of blood donations to support the needs of local patients. Factors such as a rapidly growing population, medical treatment advances, the ongoing after-shocks of the pandemic, and extended surgery schedules for procedures previously canceled due to COVID-19 have strained the blood supply to levels not seen in 30 years.
Please join us Friday, July 30, at a Carter BloodCare mobile blood drive or donor center near you to help us reach our goal of 2,000 donors in one day. We are pulling out all the stops with donor prize drawings all day long.
Prizes include: A pair of tickets on Southwest Airlines, an Apple iPad, an Alienware Aurora R8, a Spirit IIe Weber grill, gift cards for Uber, Amazon, or Marriot Hotels, a night at the OMNI Hotel, and passes to local attractions like Six Flags, The Dallas Zoo, Great Wolf Lodge, the Fort Worth Zoo, and Splash Kingdom (see Official Rules for details).
Plus all donors will receive a coupon good for a free sandwich from Dickey’s Barbecue (Restrictions apply; while supplies last.)
Help save the summer blood supply! Make your appointment online to give at one of our community donor centers or Summer Spectacular blood drives, or call /text 800-366-2834. Para información en español llama: 844-372-5827.
Here’s a list of Summer Spectacular blood drives open to the public. You can make your appointment and find out more details with the links below (times vary by location):
- Ascension Providence in Waco
- Battle of the Guns & Hoses in Hillsboro
- Best Buy in Longview
- Cali Saigon Mall in Garland
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital in South Tyler
- City of Kaufman
- City of Springtown
- Dairy Queen in Quitman
- Dairy Queen in Quinlan
- Dickey’s Barbecue in Garland
- Highland Park DPS in Highland Park (Dallas)
- Hopkins County Back to School Fair in Sulphur Springs
- Lowe’s in Granbury
- Northeast Tarrant Chamber of Commerce in North Richland Hills
- Purely Natural CBD in Hurst
- Rent A Center in Corsicana
- Resort at 925 S Main Grapevine Resort in Grapevine
- Sidekick’s Bar & Grill in Emory
- Smart Start, LLC. in Grapevine
- Stonebriar Centre Mall in Frisco
Tips for ensuring a successful donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please reschedule your appointment to donate blood
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated; and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Effective May 18, 2021, Carter BloodCare staff and blood donors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear masks.
- Carter BloodCare will not ask donors for proof of vaccination. We are operating under the honor system for the sake of your health and the health of those around you.
- We will observe social distancing or mask guidelines established by our blood drive hosts.