It’s times like these that we are even more thankful for long-time community partners like the Dallas Mavericks. The blood supply has been relentlessly disrupted since the beginning of the pandemic. The recent winter weather and the lingering effects resulted in closures of donor centers and canceled blood drives, not to mention how it disrupted the schedules of our regular blood donors. This has led to a dangerously low blood supply. We are asking long-time donors, as well as brand new lifesavers, to please help rebuild the blood supply.
Donate blood this month at one of our special Mavs hosted donor centers:
You can also call/text 800-366-2834 to make your appointment. We encourage appointments but currently welcome walk-ins. Wait time may be longer than expected. Please note, you may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 Antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test for COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about COVID-19 Antibody testing.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks.
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine