Community partners, McDonald’s and Dr Pepper, are helping us change the stat, to change a life.
Only 38% of our population is eligible to give blood. Of that 38%, less than 4% actually give blood. This leaves our community blood supply constantly struggling to keep up with demand for patients battling cancer, emergency surgeries, and unexpected disasters including hurricanes, floods and tornadoes.
Change the stat and change a life!
This September Carter BloodCare donors will receive a medium combo meal coupon as a special thank-you from our community partners McDonald’s and Dr Pepper! (Available while supplies last.)
So many ways to #GiveForLife
There are so many chances to give across DFW, East, and Central Texas.
You can make an appointment to give at any of our 25 donor centers by calling or texting 800-366-2834 or visiting our donor center page.
Or you can sign up using any of the links for the mobile drives below. (Times vary by each drive; click on link for times. If a drive below is not linked, appointments are not yet available for that drive. Please stay tuned!)
- September 23
- McDonald’s – Alta Mere 525 Alta Mere Drive Fort Worth TX 76107
- McDonald’s #17353 2109 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound TX 75028
- McDonald’s #7014 2301 S. Highway 121 Lewisville TX 75067
- McDonald’s Rockwall I-30 #7658610 East I-30 Rockwall TX 75087
- McDonald’s- Rockwall N. Goliad #34136 3066 North Goliad Street Rockwall TX 75087
- September 24
- September 28
- September 30
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test for COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about Covid-19 antibody testing.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks .
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.