This May, Chuy’s celebrates blood donors!
The dedicated blood donors that give multiple times during the year are part of a strong network of people that help keep the patients in our community safe. Every now and then, it’s good to treat yourself a little for the good deeds you do, so this month, donors will receive a voucher for free queso from our community partner, Chuy’s! It’s a very Texan way to say thank you for your blood donation!
For those donors who participate in the Great Partners Rewards program, check out how to enter the drawing for the Chuy’s Summer Celebration package on the donor online store! (Donors must be 21 years of age or older to participate in this drawing; please see rules for details.)
Thank you Chuy’s for hosting community blood drives in D/FW, Tyler, and Waco in May!
If you were not able to make it to one of the Chuy’s community blood drives, you can still schedule an appointment online at one of our other community drives, at any of our 25 donor centers, or by calling/texting 800-366-2834. Para información en español llama: 844-372-5827.
Tips for ensuring a successful donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please reschedule your appointment to donate blood
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated; and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Effective May 18, 2021, Carter BloodCare staff and blood donors who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear masks.
- Carter BloodCare will not ask donors for proof of vaccination. We are operating under the honor system for the sake of your health and the health of those around you.
- We will observe social distancing or mask guidelines established by our blood drive hosts.