This May, Chuy’s celebrates blood donors!
5/3/21 UPDATE: Blood donors are urgently needed this week. Units of Type Os and Type Bs in particular, are being sent out to hospitals as soon as they are processed. This means there is no available inventory for unexpected major traumas or surgical procedures that require multiple units of these blood types to be on hand. Help our community stay prepared and give this week.
The dedicated blood donors that give multiple times during the year are part of a strong network of people that help keep the patients in our community safe. Every now and then, it’s good to treat yourself a little for the good deeds you do, so this month, donors will receive a voucher for free queso from our community partner, Chuy’s! It’s a very Texan way to say thank you for your blood donation!
For those donors who participate in the Great Partners Rewards program, check out how to enter the drawing for the Chuy’s Summer Celebration package on the donor online store! (Donors must be 21 years of age or older to participate in this drawing; please see rules for details.)
Chuy’s will be hosting community blood drives at a variety of participating locations. Make an appointment with the links below:
May 24: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
May 25: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
May 26: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
If you can’t make it to one of the above drives, you can schedule an appointment online at one of our other community drives, at any of our 25 donor centers, or by calling/texting 800-366-2834. Para información en español llama: 844-372-5827.
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test for COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about COVID-19 antibody testing.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC, we also observe social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will wear masks.
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Remember to bring your government-issued picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with with QuickScreen. This also helps manage wait-times.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.
- You may still donate blood if you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.