This summer has been like no other.
One thing that remains the same is that regular blood donors are essential to a safe and prepared blood supply.
Another thing that remains the same is that our dedicated community partners always want to help thank our generous blood donors.
This August, Chick-fil-A and Blue Bell are getting together to help show their appreciation for donors in North, Central, and East Texas!
This August, all blood donors in the Dallas-Fort Worth area plus two special blood drives—one in Tyler and one in Waco: links coming soon—will receive a special “thank-you” from Chick-Fil-A.
Special drives with appointment links are as follows (click the linked title to sign up):
Chick-fil-A + FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium
Frisco (Parking in Camry Gold Lot)
August 10 | 10:30 am – 4 pm
Chick-fil-A in Killeen August 10 |10 am – 4 pm
August 17 | 10 am – 4 pm
During the month of August, donors exclusively in East Texas and Central Texas drives and centers will receive a thank-you from Blue Bell Ice Cream. Find one of our donor centers or drives in East or Central Texas HERE and make your appointment online, or call/text 800-366-2834 for an appointment.
All successful donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. This is NOT a diagnostic test for COVID-19. Click HERE to learn more about Covid-19 antibody testing.
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks .
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.