Many thanks to the incredibly generous donors and sponsors that came together for the second annual Celebration of Life Blood Drive with Kidd’s Kids! It was great to see all 114 blood donors and our awesome community partners: Toyota Motor-North America, Texas Lottery, Toyota Music Factory, Whataburger, Direct Energy, the City of Irving and Las Colinas, and UNIFY Financial Credit Union.
So many people, including some Kidd’s Kids, still count on blood transfusions, even in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. This blood drive, held to honor Kidd Kraddick’s legacy, will help boost the blood supply and ensure that those battling life-threatening and life-altering conditions have the blood products necessary for treatment.
Call or text us at 800-366-2834 to make your next appointment to #GiveForLife!
Tips for ensuring a safe donation:
- Make and keep your appointment. This helps to manage overcrowding and reduce wait times.
- If you are not feeling healthy and well, please do not give blood.
- In addition to the current social distancing guidelines provided by FDA and the CDC we will also observe any social distancing guidelines established by our host partners:
- Donors and staff will be wearing masks .
- Please remain at least six feet from other donors.
- Drink plenty of water before and after donating to ensure you are well hydrated and eat a good, healthy meal at least two hours before your donation.
- Don’t forget your picture ID.
- Before you arrive on the day of your appointment, fill out your donor questionnaire on your own mobile device/desktop with QuickScreen. This also helps manage overcrowding.
- Please do not bring children and/or pets to blood drives as they are not allowed into the donation area.