Did you know that the most popular ice cream flavor in Texas happens to be cookies n’ cream? In fact, Texas’ best-known creamery Blue Bell says they were the first to create the cookies n’ cream flavor. Then again, a handful of other creameries across the country have the same claim.
Though world may never know who actually discovered cookies n’ cream, Blue Bell is a classic in the great state of Texas! That’s why we’re treating our donors to a special treat this spring – a pint of ice cream to anyone who presents to give March 6-17. To test which Blue Bell classic flavors really are the best, we’ve rounded up our favorites below!
1. Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla: Nothing says spring in Texas like the classic rich vanilla you know and love, blended with strawberry sweetness and chunks of real strawberries.
2. Mint Chocolate Chip: When the weather warms up, the cool, refreshing taste of sweet mint ice cream really hits the spot.
3. Coffee: We like our iced coffee really iced…frozen, in fact! This is one flavor that we can’t get enough of when it’s too hot for a latte.
4. Buttered Pecan: the ultimate Southern dessert, this may be our favorite pint of all. Buttery, pecan-y ice cream with crunchy salted pecan chunks. We’d do just about anything for that!
5. The Great Divide: Vanilla or chocolate? Vanilla is the most popular flavor in America, but this pint is split down the middle so you can have your creamy homemade vanilla and your Dutch chocolate too! Just the way we like it.
6. Cookies n’ Cream: Whether it’s the original or not, the flavor will always be legendary. Blue Bell’s famous vanilla mixed with chunks of chocolate creme cookies is our favorite ice cream every time!
Everyone knows that ice cream makes everything sweeter. That’s why we are treating every Carter BloodCare donor to complimentary pint of Blue Bell ice cream. Earn your ice cream by scheduling your donation March 6-17 at a Carter BloodCare donor center or blood drive today.